When I opened the scene, I discovered that a lot of the geometry had not been smoothened and there were some new trees/rocks which had not been previously handed to me for texturing. This meant that I needed to go in and texture a whole load of new models, when I could have just textured once before hand and given them to the set decorator to duplicate.
I imported several of my textures, and then went around the scene and applied them to various rocks and trees. I largely used Spherical Mapping to texture the rocks on the flat surface as they were more three dimensional. As for the rocks along the edge of the shore, I used planar mapping as these would only be visible from one angle.
Although it wasn't really my job, but seen as I know a few tricks in Maya, I smoothened some of the terrain in the scene and extruded some of the faces to tidy it up and make it all fit together.