Wednesday 17 February 2010

Sketching life in London 17/02/2010

Today, I went into London to sketch the life and movement of the people.  I visited the Tate Modern, Whitechapel Art Gallery and Tate Britain to sketch passers-by and also to sketch paintings and sculptures which captured the human form and had a sense of life and movement.

The sketches do not really show up very well when I scan them in but hopefully you can get what is happening in each pose.



















I also bought a book on drawing Manga in the Tate Modern today called Mega Manga by Keith Sparrow, because I am interested in adapting other styles in my own drawing; and also, some of the people in my group for the storyboard project have been doing some character designs in the Manga style and I think it will be useful to adapt this for the final animation to have a consistent style.

No comments: