Friday 20 August 2010

Ninja

I've just finished a piece of character animation that I'm quite pleased with so far, which involves a ninja landing on the ground and flipping across the ground to dodge spinning stars. Those of you who have the book How to Cheat in Maya 2010 may notice that this animation has a striking similarity to the animation in the chapter on Blocking. This is because I used that tutorial, as well as the character rig and scene provided as references to make my own animation; but I did make my own animation from scratch, without using the actual scene files provided on the DVD.

It took me about 2 days to complete it; I think it looks ok so far but I think I need to have a play around with the timing in some areas, such as the beginning where I think he goes into the leaping pose too quickly and I could prolong his anticipation before the first star is thrown at him.

Let me know what you all think.

No comments: