Wednesday 31 March 2010

Ace Ventura

I have now decided that the dialogue I will be using in my Character Animation piece will be from this scene in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

I chose this scene because the dialogue is very colourful and often changes dramatically from one tone of voice to another; this will be good for conveying a range of poses and dramatic changes between each pose when animating a model. The scene is also very funny and over the top, which will work well when considering the basic principles of animation, namely Exaggeration, Appeal and Staging.

The only thing about this scene is that it will be quite complicated to animate and may need to be broken down into smaller parts. However, if I carry this out well, I will effectively demonstrate my ability to convey a range of moods and character within animation.

No comments: