Sunday 20 January 2013

Progress so far...

I have just under 3 weeks to get this project done in between also working a part time retail job.  So far,  I have visualised my concept and come up with this animatic.


I have also been working to get some flash animation done and I have put together this walk cycle for the main character.  I was originally going to animate this walk at 24 FPS but I found that the walk was moving too fast and was to fluid for the pacing of the project so I reduced it to 12 FPS and it works much better.


The next stage now is to tidy up the shoulders and arms of the character and then to add some more head rotation and eye movement to give him some more life.  After that is done, I will apply some colours to the character and then export the whole sequence to a PNG Sequence with an Alpha channel and then composite it in After Effects.

I still have quite a bit of work left to do including drawing up some backgrounds and producing some painterly textures in Photoshop, but as long as I keep managing my time well, I should get it done by February 10th.

No comments: