Saturday 5 February 2011

Brand new look :)

The last IPP session that I had at uni was on branding; particularly our personal branding.  This lecture on branding actually inspired me to make the immediate decision to redesign my website, so it would better reflect the image that I want to promote.

The problem with the pen scribbles layout that I had previously was that it did not really say much about who I am.  It was quite limited and reserved, which could suggest that I am a limited and reserved person, myself.  Furthermore, it was just a template that I selected from Wix.

I decided that I would redo the website, using Kash Kong James, a character that I designed, as the central image.  This is a character that I was inspired to design when we were brainstorming possible team names and we decided to put three names of parkour moves together (kash, kong and monkey) to make this name.  Although he is not a part of the project, I designed Kash Kong James to be my own alter-ego.

I decided that I would use this character as part of my own personal brand, and I came up with this new web site design that was created entirely from scratch.  The image I am trying to portray is a more original one that conveys a much slicker, fun and more mysterious image.  I've also made a few other amends, including the ability to share my site on Twitter, Facebook and StumbleUpon.

This will probably be the last post I put up here in a while, but don't forget to check out my other blogs to see the projects that I am doing now.

No comments: