Monday 12 April 2010

"Oh, there is just one more thing, lieutenant!"

I have just finished my first lip syncing test with some of the dialogue from my chosen clip. I filmed myself saying the line, "Oh there is just one more thing lieutenant!" from the film Ace Ventura, and I used that as reference to animate the Moom rig.
Here is the video of me saying the line...
And here is the video of the character I animated saying the line...

I think I did well with the lip syncing, although it is a little exaggerated and over the top compared to my live action clip. I also had a lot of jerking head movement towards the beginning which needs to be made slower and smoother. However, I am pleased with the movement of the eyes and eyebrows as they move well with the dialogue, particularly towards the end as he says, "lieu-ten-ant"

I still need to do sketching to plot out each pose at each point within the dialogue sequence. And also animate the rest of the dialogue in Maya.

No comments: